Monday, April 20, 2009

the journey

Since I had my first daughter I have slowly found myself moving towards a healthier way of living and eating... Did I mention that it has been SLOW?? She is now 5 1/2 and I still have lots of processed foods in the house (horror) and give her and her 2 1/2 year old sister sweets. Not to mention that I'm a complete sugar addict myself.
But slowly we are adding in more organic fruits and veggies. Eating brown rice and trying to make our muffins and pizza dough with whole wheat flour. It is a process. And of course the level of my resolve varies day to day based on my mommy tolerance. Some days the girls are adorable and fun and sometime they drive me up the wall and I just can't deal. Those days they get whatever they want. Hope they don't figure me out too soon.

So my goal in life is to find a better way to feed my family one step at a time. Hoping to minimize turning my kids into the ones that bring their own snack of fresh fruit to the birthday party cause their mommy is crazy and won't let them eat refined sugar... I don't think I will go that far, but this is a journey.

Now what's for lunch??? Not another hot dog

No comments:

Post a Comment